In today’s world, traveling has become therapeutic. It is food for the soul and is necessary for every individual now and then.
Many of us don’t realize the amount of stress we’re regularly taking. It often hits us only when we reach complete saturation or fall sick, mentally and physically. One solution for this is traveling off to an exotic place. Traveling can charge us up. But it can be tricky to decide where to go.
Tilko Hotel, situated in Jaffna, Sri Lanka, is just where you want to go, unwind, and refresh!
The Best Hotel in Jaffna!
Tilko Hotel is situated in the heart of Jaffna City and is your ultimate vacation spot. They offer rooms and restaurant facilities as well. Tilko Jaffna City Hotel is the first-star hotel that is a BOP Project situated on the far north side.
There are many exciting places within walking distance of the hotel, such as,
- The Jaffna library
- The beautiful Jaffna Fort
- The colorful Lagoon
- The City centre
- The Central bus station
- The Main Post Office
The services provided at the hotel are of international standards and designed explicitly for foreign travelers and guests. The hotel’s warm hospitality and welcoming staff make the guests feel at home even miles away from home. This area has been a breath of fresh air for so many travelers.There is a standard world-class treatment and hospitality at this luxuriously excellent hotel that treats its guests as a family!
The hotel consists of thirty-eight Guest Rooms and two Penthouse apartments to accommodate group tourists. Plus the hotel offers restaurant, gymnasium, and conference facilities. The hotel is established on 340 perch land with an overview of the lagoon and the beach.
Here’s What You Might End up Spending
You will not be paying a lot to stay at this mesmerizing palace. Here is what you might be paying,
- Hotel Booking: starts from $38 a night
- Apartment Rental: may cost from $29 a night
- Taxi fare: could cost around 0.33 $, 1km – 0.25 $
- Gasoline: From $0.77 liter
- Average bill at a restaurant: around $8 for two people
Facilities and Services
There are so many facilities offered at the Tilko Jaffna City Hotel. They offer an abundance of services that you might not be able to guess, such as,
- Free parking as well as private parking
- Themed dinner nights with a particular Happy hour
- Internet services, such as free wi-fi
- Room services such as breakfast in bed, packed lunches, special diet menus (on request), as well as kid meals
- An all-year-around indoor and outdoor swimming pool with a shallow end
- Transport services such as airport pick and drop shuttle, bicycle rentals, etc
- 24/7 reception services, which include a 24-hour front desk, express check-in/check-out, also providing customers with a safety deposit box, currency exchange services, luggage storage services, concierge services, and lockers, not to mention valet parking
- There’s a Garden and an Outdoor Fireplace
- Babysitting services are also available
- Daily housekeeping services such as laundry, ironing, etc
- Business facilities are also provided, such as mailing, printing, posting, and so on
- Other services such as specified smoking areas, key card access, Smoke alarms, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, and fire extinguishers are also provided
Tilko Jaffna City Hotel is situated in the city’s center, so you don’t have to travel long distances to shop, dine out, explore, and enjoy. The Jaffna Bus Station is 400 m while the Jaffna Airport is 15 km away.
Each room provides guests with air-conditioners, a large TV, and a seating area. Rooms also have a refrigerator, a shower, a private bathroom, a bath, and complimentary toiletries. Extras include satellite channels and cable channels.
It is famous for its fantastic indoor and outdoor pool and the hotel’s fitness center, where guests can work out even while on vacation. Free wi-fi access is also available for all the guests. The dining area has an electric kettle and a dining table as well.
At Tilko City Hotel Jaffna, you will find exquisite cuisines in its restaurant. You will also find a single boardroom for carrying out meetings or presentations. This has been specifically designed for guests who have a work emergency or need a quiet place to work.
There is also a shared lounge. Many fun activities can be enjoyed at the hotel, including cycling and hiking. The property offers free parking space as well.
Distribution of Spaces and Rooms in the Hotel
The hotel consists of several rooms that serve various needs. The hotel has the following distribution of rooms:
- There are around 40 guestrooms or units
- You will find poolside lounge chairs
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Storage area for luggage
- Concierge for assistance
- An open Terrace
- A lush green Garden
- BBQ grill(s) provided on demand
- Newspapers in lobby (complimentary)
- There’s also a fireplace in the lobby
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
- Locker space
- Bar or lounge
- A single conference room
- The Dining venue
Types of Rooms Available
Rooms open to balconies or patios. Beds feature down duvets and premium bedding. The most amazing part is that there is a pillow menu. Plus, there is a flat thirty-two-inch tv with channels from premium cable providers.
Bathrooms include a shower, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. You will find three types of bedrooms available at the hotel, such as
1. The Deluxe Triple Room
Three single beds are available, with a balcony with a garden view. The room has an air conditioner, a tea and coffee maker, a dining table, an electric kettle, and free wi-fi with a landmark view.
2. The Deluxe Twin Room
This room comes with two beds and all other features of the deluxe triple room, such as a balcony and a garden view, a dining table, free wi-fi, a tea and coffee maker, and a kettle.
3. The Deluxe King Room
This room has an extra large or king-size bed that can easily fit two people. It also shares the same features as the triple and twin deluxe rooms. These rooms have been specifically designed keeping in mind the various cultures and nationalities that come to stay at the hotel.
A recent guest at the hotel explained that the room she got was in excellent condition and clean. It had everything you would expect in a five-star hotel, including an enchanting view from the balcony. This may not be a thorough list.
Deposits and fees can be changed and might not include tax. The food at the Priya restaurant was exceptional, with a whole host of Sri Lankan and Western cuisine. The place is highly recommended.
Number of Cuisines Served
The hotel offers various cuisines such as Chinese, Indian, Southwestern, Asian, and Sri Lankan.
Sri Lanka’s location has absorbed many influences from neighboring regions and traders, migrations, and culinary influences via the colonial period. South Indian, Indonesian, Malay, and Dutch influences mixing in with local Sri Lankan culinary techniques have created quite a unique set of dishes within the culture.
This is a food paradise, and it takes a lifetime to try all that since the food culture differs in every corner of the Island. Tilko restaurant has several western dishes (spaghetti, macaroni, fries) on the menu. The food is super good. The fish Jaffna style is made from seasoned fresh fish, red and green peppers (not too hot), and fried onions. Their most famous dish is the biryani lamb.
Daily Menus for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
The hotel serves breakfast daily from 07:00 am till 10:30 am, which includes food such as,
- Bread (a variety of loaves of bread are available)
- Cold meat
- Eggs (fried, baked, poached, and boiled)
- Fruit (seasonal fruits are available)
- Jam ( various flavors of jams and jellies are available)
- Coffee (three types of coffee available)
- Fruit juice (seasonal fresh juices)
Along with an À la carte menu that includes local specialities for lunch and dinner.
For your convenience, here is a list of some shops and eating places near the hotel.
- Supermarket Cargill is located 2 km away, where you can find everyday essentials such as hygiene products, deodorants, toothpaste, etc
- New market Jaffna is located almost 1,000 meters away from the hotel.
- Pizza hut is only 1.1 km from the hotel with an international menu.
- When craving something sweet, you can visit the Cafe/bar Rio Ice-Cream which is 2.8 km away.
Some Optional Extras
- The fees and deposits listed online or at the hotel will be charged during service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 7 for adults and USD 3.5 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 280.00 per vehicle (roundtrip). This is always available even at added hours of the day or night.
- Early check-in is available for a fee, although subject to availability, the amount varies.
- Safety Features of the Hotel
- The Staff at Tilko Jaffna City Hotel follows all safety protocols as directed by local authorities.
- Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens, and paper removed
- The hotel also provides hand sanitisers in guest accommodation and critical areas.
- A Process is conducted in the hotel to check and ensure guests’ health.
- A first aid kit is available for all the guests, along with special instructions on how to carry out emergencies from the hotel to the nearest hospital in case of emergencies.
- The Hotel has 24/7 access to healthcare professionals.
- The property provides thermometers for guests.
- Face masks for guests are also available, while social distancing is always considered.
How is the Tilko Jaffna City Hotel Remaining Sustainable?
The Tilko Jaffna City Hotel has taken several steps to provide more sustainable and environmentally friendly travel, such as:
- Reusable towels can be washed, dried, and reused.
- Bicycle rentals are also available other than car rentals to reduce pollution.
- The hotel does not use harmful chemicals for cleaning purposes
- The hotel has taken steps to reduce the use of plastic
- Tilko Jaffna City Hotel believes in reuse, recycling, and reduce
Here are some of the House Rules!
Check-ins are only carried out before 2 pm, while you can check out any time before 1 pm. Guests are requested not to smoke in areas other than those specified for smoking. Pets, be it cats, dogs, or any sort of rodents, are not allowed. Even though children of all ages are permitted, cots and extra beds are not provided.
Walk-in bookings are impossible. You need to book rooms in advance. Cards and cash payments are both accepted. Your arrival time has to be conveyed to the hotel management. Guests are requested to show identification documents and credit cards on arrival. This is for the security purposes of the hotel and all the guests already residing there.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
- What is the cost of staying at the Tilko City Hotel Jaffna?
The cost of living in Tilko City Hotel Jaffna depends on the date, rate, number of guests, etc. Roughly anywhere from $38 to $50 per night.
- When would I have to check in and check out at the Tilko City Hotel Jaffna?
Check-in at Tilko City Hotel Jaffna is possible from 14:00, and check-out is until 13:00. You also have to update the hotel about your arrival.
- Does Tilko City Hotel Jaffna provide pools for guests?
You will find two types of pools at the hotel: indoor and outdoor. You can find detailed information on the hotel’s page.
- Does Tilko City Hotel Jaffna have parking?
Tilko City Hotel Jaffna has parking available for guests that are free of cost. Private parking is also known as well as valley services. Shuttles to and from the airport to the hotel are available, as well as rental cars and bicycles.
- Is Tilko City Hotel Jaffna cleaning services available?
Yes, guests have access to cleaning services completely free of cost.
Reviews gave to the Tilko Jaffna City Hotel
These are views expressed by guests on Booking.com who filled out a questionnaire after their stay at the hotel.
Most guests profoundly admired that the property was so well located. All the leading shops are within walking distance, as are most of the main sites.
Secondly, all the staff members are beneficial and polite. Some people had booked the rooms with breakfast but had all of them at the hotel due to its exquisite cuisines, taste, and hygiene.
The staff manager has been reported to be very polite and had even arranged a special crab curry on request for a guest.
Another guest at the hotel stated that it was such a luxurious hotel to stay over with your family for a vacation or a business trip with your colleagues. Almost every facility is near the Tilko City Hotel, such as bus stands, railway station, cinema theaters, and shopping complex.
The serving staff have been reviewed as excellent servers and are pretty efficient. Overall this hotel was highly recommended by many visitors to Jaffna.
Another guest said he enjoyed his time there, and the staff was so friendly, while the service was top notch and the place was spotless. It made him feel comfortable and at home. Kelum in the restaurant was fantastic, and the food was excellent, one of the best curries he has ever had. He added that he would be staying there on his next visit.
How to Hide Money and Valuables in your Hotel Room?
Always keep a spare credit card from a different bank than you carry about back in the room. As to cash, medications, extra credit card, passport, etc. You can use a banker’s lock bag (about 8″ wide x about 5″ tall) with a combination lock built into the bag.
You can either lock it in the room safe or in a large luggage bag that has your mini-padlocks on the luggage.
If traveling with a laptop, use a cable lock to loop through the luggage handles and leave the computer on the table. This is based on having part of the cable looped around an object in the room (not a leg).
The exception is when there is no loop-through available, you can continuously loop it through the chair. Always pack five days of extra medication as airplanes can fail or accidents can happen.
You can also hide money on the ironing board or on the top back of the TV dresser cabinet. Other places can be inside extra bed linens, blankets, folded towels or coffee makers within the hanging window curtains.
Under lamps, side of bed or bed frames, taped under chairs, couches, or cabinets, inside dummy deodorants are also good options. Slice a small thin gap in hygiene essentials such as maxi pads/tampons/adult or child diapers -within the packed bags. You can also hide stuff in your bathrobes or under the fridge.
Why Must You Visit Sri Lanka Once in a Lifetime?
Srilanka is known as the “city of smiles.” Sri Lanka is heaven with incomparable natural beauty. The cuisines are known for their rich taste and balanced spices. Locals are warm, welcoming, friendly, and compassionate.
Sri Lanka is among the most culturally rich countries in the world. It is home to many different races of people who live in peace and harmony. And it is one of the best travel destinations in the world.
Even more remarkable is that most Sri Lankans are fluent in English, making interacting with locals much more accessible. Most people are Buddhist, as Sri Lanka is a Buddhist country.
Being colonized by three differing cultures has affected the culture of Sri Lanka. The change has been to the point that all three are still present in the country today to a certain extent.
All you need to know about Jaffna
Jaffna has a tragic historical essence to it. The city is mostly known for its delicious cuisines and rich culture. You’ll see the most stunningly beautiful tropical greenery and flowers. The food looks fantastic! With the small towns, buildings, and Tamil temples surrounding you.
You’ll find a big temple festival in the Nallur Kovil, the most fantastic thing experienced by most travelers. The place is packed with Sri Lankan men in lungis and women in their best sarees. Loud drums, chants, and buckets full of smoking incense, as effigies are carried through the temple.
Here are twelve things you can do while you stay at Jaffna:
- Take a look at the Nallur Kovil
- Visit the Jaffna Public Library
- Must go to the Mantri Manai
- Try the Rio Ice Cream
- Take some time out for The Jaffna Fort
- Have a picnic next to the Keerimalai Pond
- Visit the Fox Resorts Jaffna
- Unwind and relax for a day at the Nagadeepa Island
- You must try a Malayan restaurant
- Casuarina Beach is an excellent option for beach parties
- Take an insta-worthy picture at the Point Pedro
- Pay a visit to the Sangupiddy Bridge
Although Jaffna is by the sea and has beautiful beaches, there are no beach hotels. The hotels in Jaffna are City Hotels. Most are 1 -2 star guest houses. The most recent tourist-grade hotel is the Tilko Jaffna City Hotel.
The Grand Ballroom at Tilko Jaffna City Hotel is most famous for celebrating wedding ceremonies.
Sometimes we all want to relax, unwind, and break from our hectic routines. This means we can visit beautiful places within our country or fly off to the most beautiful places worth visiting. These places help us put things in perspective while gathering our thoughts to prepare for all we’ll face once we get back home.
Who wouldn’t want to visit one of the happiest countries in the world? The world is simply beautiful. It is almost impossible to see every single breathtaking part of it. However, visiting virtually every beautiful part of a single country is possible.
I hope this helped you find worthwhile places to visit while staying at the best hotel in Sri Lanka- Tilko Jaffna City Hotel!